Rock The Hall 2021 is on its way!
Rock The Hall is a program designed to bring the community together to celebrate and elevate local musicians. Our judges, and prizes, offer emerging artists uplifting opportunities in the form of prizes, listed below. The final performances are a good-natured, fun-filled evening of wonderful music and camaraderie.
Rock The Hall is…
Open to all musical genres, and to solo artists as well as bands.
Open to anyone who wants to enter, at any stage of his or her musical pursuits, all you need is a passion for music and the acumen to win over our judges and audiences.
Artists must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to enter or have the consent of a parent or guardian; no participating artist can be an employee, or related to any employee of TMH or any of our Sponsors.
Registration materials and songs must be submitted by May 30th, 2020
Artists/Bands must be available to perform on September 12, 2020
How To Enter:
- Fill out an entry form and pay a $20.00 non-refundable entry fee.
- Include digital access to 3 songs, 2 of the 3 must be original material. Accepted formats include links to artist website, social media, and/or YouTube.
Rules & Regulations
Tarrytown Music Hall and assigned judges will listen to songs blind (without knowing the name of the band or band members).
Six semi-finalists will be selected and invited to perform at the Rock The Hall Talent Competition on Sept. 12, 2020 at The Tarrytown Music Hall.
Each band or solo artist will perform no longer than a 15 minute set.
Backline, drums and amplification will be provided.
Finalists will be judged by a panel of industry professionals whose decisions are final based on the following criteria: Musicianship, Originality, Audience Response, Quality of Sound, Showmanship.
Each competing band receives four complementary tickets.
All songs performed by the Artist(s) during the contest, attributed to the artists in any media, or used while the band is participating in the contest (original and/or cover songs) must not infringe upon the intellectual property rights, or defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights, of any third party, living or deceased. Creative Materials may not contain “sampling” from other songs, music, sound effects, or any other elements in which the Artists do not have the necessary rights to, title and interest, including copyright.
- Opportunity to perform on the stage of The Music Hall
- Consultation with producer extraordinaire Rob Fraboni (Bob Dylan, The Band, Eric Clapton, The Rolling Stones, Tim Hardin, The Beach Boys, Joe Cocker, and Bonnie Raitt)
- A 2-3 minute EPK Video produced by Factory Underground
- A half-day of recording/consultation at Shelter Island Sound Studios in New York City
- Mondo NYC; Igniting Music & Technology All Access badges for the 2020 conference.
- Rock Island Sound Gift Certificate
- Gift Certificate for Band dinner at Chutney Masala
- Gift Certificates to The Music Hall
- A Music Hall promotional poster featuring you and/or your band – a true work of art!
- Bragging Rights
Shelter Island Sound
Agent, Paradigm Talent Agency
CEO, Webster Bank
Gold Village Entertainment
Music Without Borders
SVP, Webster Bank
Hard Head Management
Phelps Hospital-Northwell Health