Rock The Hall 2021
Submissions are now closed
Stay tuned for our finalists announcement!
Rock The Hall is designed to celebrate and elevate emerging and well-deserving musicians from the region. Our judges, and prizes offer artists uplifting opportunities, including live performance in front of a first-rate panel of industry professionals. The premise is a good-natured, fun-filled evening of fantastic music, camaraderie, and community-building. Rock The Hall is also a fundraiser to support our local historic landmark theater.
Rock The Hall is…
Open to all musical genres, and to solo artists as well as bands.
Artists must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to enter or have the consent of a parent or guardian; no participating artist can be an employee, or related to any employee of TMH or any of our Sponsors.
Registration materials and songs must be submitted by July 30th, 2021
Artists/Bands must be available to perform on September 10, 2021
How To Enter:
- Fill out an entry form and pay a $25.00 non-refundable entry fee.
- Include digital access to 3 songs, 2 of the 3 must be original material. Accepted formats include links to artist website, social media, and/or YouTube.
Rules & Regulations
Tarrytown Music Hall and assigned judges will listen to songs.
Six semi-finalists will be selected and invited to perform at the Rock The Hall on Sept. 10, 2021 at The Tarrytown Music Hall.
Each band or solo artist will perform no longer than a 15 minute set.
Backline, drums and amplification will be provided.
Finalists will be judged by a panel of industry professionals whose decisions are final based on the following criteria: Musicianship, Originality, Audience Response, Quality of Sound, Showmanship.
Each competing band receives four complementary tickets.
All songs performed by the Artist(s) during the contest, attributed to the artists in any media, or used while the band is participating in the contest (original and/or cover songs) must not infringe upon the intellectual property rights, or defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights, of any third party, living or deceased. Creative Materials may not contain “sampling” from other songs, music, sound effects, or any other elements in which the Artists do not have the necessary rights to, title and interest, including copyright.
- Opportunity to perform on the stage of The Music Hall as a headliner or opener (TBD).
- Consultation with producer extraordinaire Rob Fraboni (Bob Dylan, The Band, Eric Clapton, The Rolling Stones, Tim Hardin, The Beach Boys, Joe Cocker, and Bonnie Raitt)
- A 2-3 minute EPK Video produced by Factory Underground
- A half-day of recording/consultation at Shelter Island Sound Studios in New York City
- Mondo NYC; Igniting Music & Technology virtual badges for the October 12-15 Music, Arts, and Showcase Conference.
- Tickets for each member of the winning band to a Tarrytown Music Hall performance.
- A Music Hall promotional poster featuring you and/or your band – a true work of art!
- Bragging Rights