WITHOUT U, THERE IS NO M_SIC!
The Music Hall, a building listed on the National Register for Historic Places, is owned, operated and loved by The Friends of the Mozartina, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, cultural and educational organization dedicated to serving close to 100,000 people every year with diverse offerings of music, theater, dance, film, family programming and residencies in schools. Read our story here.
Ticket sales only cover a portion of the costs associated with the programming and maintenance and restoration of a 19th century building. The Music Hall is dependent on donations, memberships, sponsorships and volunteerism in order to survive. Your support enables The Music Hall, Westchester’s oldest theater, to continue to be culturally, educationally and economically relevant.
The Music Hall closed on March 13, 2020 due to Covid, Thanks to several loans and the incredible support of our community, we made it through this difficult time and were able to open again on June 9, 2021 with a performance by Joshua Bell. After 15 months of closure, a long road of recovery lies ahead.
Donations are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law.
HOW CAN I MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
- Make a tax-deductible donation online – DONATE HERE
- Mail a check to The Tarrytown Music Hall, PO Box 686, Tarrytown, NY 10591
- Double or triple your impact with an Employer Matching Gift. Learn more at Charity Navigator.
- Make a Gift of Stock and Mutual Funds – tax smart alternatives to cash donations and perhaps the most cost-effective assets to use in making a gift. Donations of securities often allow Music Hall donors to have a bigger philanthropic impact and receive greater tax advantages. Your tax advisor can provide complete deductibility rules. Download our transfer instructions for gifts of stock & mutual funds.
- Leave a Legacy
- Arrange a Tax-free IRA Rollover
- Participate in Naming Opportunities
- Donate through Amazon Smile
LOOKING TO MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT?
Contact Nancy Zallo by email or by phone at 914-631-3390 x108.
New Charitable Tax Deduction Rules: The Federal Government’s CARES ACT (sections 2204 & 2205) has changed rules so that individual donors can now take an above-the-line charitable deduction of up to $300 without having to itemize taxes. For other individual donors, 100% of individual cash gifts can now be deducted against adjusted gross income. For corporations, the 10% limitation is increased to 25% of taxable income.